Apply for SNAP today!
ARE YOU ONE
Find out if you qualify in 15 minutes…
Apply online using the button below or contact your Tahlequah SNAP Specialist:
In order to apply, you will need to have the following items:
- Name, Date of births, and Social Security Numbers for you and any other household members. If an individual does not have a Social Security Number, contact Tahlequah’s SNAP Specialist, Dana, and she can assist you!
- Incomes of all household members (Make sure you know the gross amount of your paycheck)
- Other income amounts: Current monthly income; child support, alimony, SSI payments, etc.
- Expenses: Utilities, rent or mortgage, child care etc. (Make sure you have utility account information)
- Private health insurance information: insurance company, policy number, begin date.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the income requirements?
What is SNAP?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) serves as the first line of defense against hunger. It enables low-income families to buy nutritious food with Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards. SNAP recipients spend their benefits to buy eligible food in authorized retail food stores/Farmers’ Markets.
Where can SNAP benefits be used?
SNAP benefits can be used at any retailer that accepts SNAP. These mostly include grocery stores, big-box stores, convenient stores, and in some areas, farmers’ markets.
What can SNAP benefits buy?
SNAP benefits can only be used for food and for plants and seeds to grow food for your household to eat. SNAP benefits cannot be used to buy:
- Any nonfood item, such as pet foods; soaps, paper products, and household supplies; grooming items, toothpaste, and cosmetics
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- Vitamins and medicines
- Any food that will be eaten in the store
- Hot foods
This information was brought to you in partnership by Tahlequah Public Schools, Hunger Free Oklahoma, Oklahoma State Department of Human Services and Oklahoma Sate Department of Education.