Can I help a client without a social security number?
The answer is, yes!
A person without a social security number (SSN) can apply for SNAP on behalf of their family or household. In order to help someone without an SSN apply for SNAP using the online application you will have to follow a few simple steps:
- Email SNAP@okdhs.org
- Subject: “Requesting case number for SNAP Applicant”
- Be sure to include
- Family Member Names (including the person requesting assistance)
- Family Member Date of Births
- Request an identifying case number or existing case number if any family member already has an application
- Upon receiving a reply (usually within 24 hours):
- Log in to www.OKDHSlive.org using your proxy account
- Click “Apply for Benefits”
- Enter the applicants name and new case number
- The case number should come up in the next screen, click on it.
- Proceed as on a normal application.
If you have any questions about the process please contact your Hunger Free Oklahoma contact.