Win $1,000 for Your District!
Participate in Hunger Free Oklahoma’s School Food Security Survey!
Hunger Free Oklahoma is excited to announce the launch of a statewide school food security survey. Hunger Free Oklahoma and partners are working to improve food security for children across the state and are actively seeking input. Please share your insights by taking the survey and encourage others to add their voice by personally inviting peers and community contacts to join you in completing it.
Step 1 - Take the Survey
Key things to know:
- The survey is open to all districts, schools, and community members across Oklahoma
- All school districts with responses submitted by August 30, 2019 will be entered into a drawing for $1,000 to be used for district school nutrition project(s)
- Districts with completed surveys from specific categories will receive additional entries (see “Recipe to Win” flyer for details)
- Survey questions are tailored to either district staff, school staff, or school affiliates (i.e. student leaders, parents/guardians, school advocates, and community partners)
- District and school staff surveys can be completed in approximately 15 minutes
- School affiliate surveys can be completed in approximately 8 minutes
Step 2 - Share the Survey
Please share this information with your networks and partners and invite them to take the survey as well. The more entries from key players a school district submits, the better the chances of the district winning $1,000 for school nutrition projects! Key partners could include the following: Oklahoma school and district staff (child nutrition directors/staff, superintendent, administration, principals, teachers, support staff), student leaders, parents/caregivers, school advocates, and community partners.
For your convenience, here is sample language that can be pasted into an email to invite others.
The Oklahoma School Food Security Survey from Hunger Free Oklahoma is now available. I believe that it is important to share our insights and ideas, as well as, our challenges to help ensure all students have the opportunity to learn and live hunger-free. Please join me in taking the survey and inviting others who are affiliated with a school and/or school district to join us.
• To access the survey click here
• All school districts with responses submitted by August 30, 2019 will be entered into a drawing for $1,000 to be used for district school nutrition project(s)
• The survey takes approximately 12-15 minutes to complete
• To learn more visit Hunger Free Oklahoma
If you have any questions, please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Why Should I Take the Survey?
Survey responses will:
- Inform the upcoming Oklahoma School Breakfast Report Card (take a look at the 2016-2017 edition)
- Spotlight promising and best practices regarding child hunger interventions across the state
- Foster peer learning and guide food security improvement strategies and resource development
- Highlight local interest, opportunities, and resource needs
- Increase the chances for your district to win $1000 for child nutrition project(s)
Diverse points of view are encouraged:
Districts with completed surveys from the following categories will receive additional entries:
- Child Nutrition Director
- School Nutrition Staff
- District Administration
- School Advocates
- School Support Staff
- Student Leaders
More Information and How to Connect with Hunger Free Oklahoma
We look forward to learning more about the food security efforts in schools and districts across Oklahoma! If you have any questions regarding the survey, please email Katie at email@example.com.
A Special Thank You to all the organizations and programs that are helping to disseminate information, raise awareness, and invite participation for this survey.